Hydrotons/LECA - 5 Litre Pack
- Availability: In Stock
URBAN FARM™ LECA/ Hydrotons /Clay Ball Lightweight Expanded clay aggregates (LECA) are porous ceramic products with a uniform pore structure of fine, closed cells and with a densely sintered, firm external skin. It is manufactured in rotary kilns from raw materials containing clay ...
URBAN FARM™ LECA/ Hydrotons /Clay Ball
clay aggregates (LECA) are porous ceramic products with a uniform pore
structure of fine, closed cells and with a densely sintered, firm external
skin. It is manufactured in rotary kilns from raw materials containing clay
minerals. The raw material is prepared, moulded and then subjected to a firing
process at temperatures of between 1100 and 1200 ºC, resulting in a significant
increase in volume due to expansion. The LECA grains internal cellular
structure with thousands of air-filled cavities helps plant roots to develop faster
· Water Retention & Drainage - This material is filled with tiny pores, much like a ‘micro sponge’. Because of this, it holds the perfect amount of water and drains any excess to prevent overwatering.
· Aeration – Unlike soil that compacts and reduces available oxygen over time, hydroton retains its shape and allows for continuous oxygen exchange, keeping your plant roots healthy.
· PH Neutral – In gardening, it is important to have a growing medium that isn't too acidic or basic. This material is a pH neutral product, so you won’t have to worry about any nutrient lockup or plant health issues due to unstable pH.
· Sterile – It is produced in large rolling kilns that ‘bake’ it into its final shape. Since high temperatures are used, hydroton comes to the gardener as a sterile product. This is highly beneficial because you don’t want to introduce disease and harmful bacteria into your garden.
· Size: 12 to 15 mm
· Material: Expanded Clay Aggregate
· Weight: 1 Ltr = Approximate 350 Grms
· Color: Brownish
· Nutrient film technique (NFT)
· Flood and drain systems
· Grow Bags
· Aquaponics bio filter and grow bed